San Diego Memorial Society – Funeral Help
Serving San Diego County Since 1958
- Founded by group from a local church because of the reaction to high cost of funerals. We provide funeral help.
- Became affiliated with Funeral Consumers Alliance in 1960’s.
- Has served over 33,000 local families and is San Diego’s “best kept secret”!
Purpose of the Society:
- To educate consumers about their rights and responsibilities.
- To bring together members and end-of-life services that reflect dignity and economic advantage by providing funeral help.
- Accept death as being inevitable
- Make decisions now rather than leaving it to someone else.
- Choose between cremation and burial and deciding what sort of funeral help you need.
- Have a written plan with a mortuary and/or cemetery and communicate plan with heirs.
What the Society does for you:
- Educate members to make better decisions.
- Contract with local mortuaries and cemeteries for substantial member discounts.
- Qualify and monitor all service providers to ensure consumer satisfaction.
Membership Entitles You to:
- Information and educational materials about cremation and burial options. (general funeral help)
- Planning documents to authorize your choice of final arrangements.
- Freedom from sales pressure at any participating mortuary or cemetery.
- Discounted prices at any San Diego Memorial Society provider.
- Educate yourself about end-of-life options.
- Looking over the type of funeral help is offered with 6 plans provided by our participating mortuaries.
- Chose the type of funeral or cremation arrangements you want.
- Discuss your wishes with your survivors and make sure they know what to do at the time of your death.
- Inform your survivors if any funds are set aside for your funeral expenses.
- Inform San Diego Memorial Society of any move or name change.
- Promote and support the work of San Diego Memorial Society so it will be available for future generations.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- San Diego Memorial Society is not a prepaid funeral plan. We simply provide funeral help and pre-negotiated pricing through our participating mortuaries.
- There are six bundled plans to choose from.
- Twelve contracted mortuaries with transparent pricing on each of the six plans.
- Additions and/or changes will result in higher costs.
- Published discount prices are available to San Diego Memorial Society members only.
- If you have a pre-paid plan elsewhere, you can change mortuaries, receive a refund, and take advantage of our discounts.
- Bundled plans include everything required for a legal burial or cremation except the permits, death certificates and taxes.
How We Spread the Word:
- Advertising, health fairs and group presentations letting people know about how we provide funeral help.
- How can members help the Society grow: Word of mouth from our members to family members, friends, organizations.
How Do I Join?
- Lifetime membership fee: $50 per person – $90 for two
- Simply call us at 858-391-1267 and join over the phone.
- OR, click here for the online “Application” – Easy to do!
- We will send out your membership packet which includes your membership card and materials. Keep the card in your wallet and let your family know.
- Veteran Burial Arrangements
- Participating Mortuaries
- Paying for a Funeral: Where to get Federal Assistance
You may contact us for further information and funeral help
by calling 858-391-1267 or
13446 Poway Rd. #207,
Poway, CA 92064