Let us help you make the loss of a loved one stress-free and cost-effective.
We Protect Consumers and Encourage You to Plan Ahead for the Inevitable.
If you’ve just experienced the death of a loved one, call us now.
We can help. 858-391-1267
Click here to see a list of our participating mortuaries.
In Need of Low-Cost Cremation or Burial?
We pre-negotiate the pricing so you know you’ll get the best pricing that our mortuaries offer.
SEE ALL THE PRICING – CLICK HERE
Planning ahead for the inevitable saves money!
If you do not plan for your burial or cremation your loved ones will almost certainly pay too much. Most people simply do not make great decisions when they are grieving. Planning ahead allows for peace of mind and the knowledge you won’t pay too much at the end.
Need low cost cremation or burial plans?
We partner with 11 participating mortuaries in San Diego County. They have agreed to offer our members their very lowest prices. So if you are facing the death of a loved one, or simply planning ahead you can be assured of the lowest prices anywhere in San Diego County.
We are your non-profit, non-pressure alternative to the high cost of funerals.
Whether you are looking for a simple cremation or a full funeral with the service and viewing you can count on us. We make sure our members never pay to much no matter what type of after death arrangement you are making.
When you join the Society for only a $55 one-time fee we send you a membership card with your member number.
When the time comes simply contact the mortuary of your choice from our list. Then you can call to make the arrangements.
If you are already facing the death of a loved one you can still sign them up to receive the special pricing.
Just call today 858-391-1267
Join today and your one-time $55 lifetime membership fee can be paid today and you are instantly a member allowing you discounts at 11 San Diego mortuaries.
BENEFITS EVEN WHILE TRAVELING OR IF YOU MOVE: With over 100 sisters organizations your membership can be easily transferred.
Join today enjoy the peace of mind that pre-planning brings. Veteran benefits do not cover funeral costs, only burial benefits.
FIVE PLANS TO CHOOSE FROM
Includes plastic urn and return to family or friends.
**unwitnessed scattering at sea or local urn delivery will incur extra fee
includes rental casket, visitation at mortuary and cremation with basic plastic urn
More about the San Diego Memorial Society
- San Diego Memorial Society is a nonprofit organization incorporated in 1958 to help members obtain simple, dignified, inexpensive arrangements for cremation or burial.
- We work with participating mortuaries to provide low cost cremation or burial services to members at low pre-established prices.
- The Society does not sell insurance or “prepaid burial plans.”
- We are not a mortuary or a for-profit business.
- Our orientation is focused on consumer protection and it is led by a volunteer, unpaid Board of Directors elected by the membership.
- We work with participating mortuaries to provide for basic low cost cremation and burial services at low, fully transparent prices.
How Can You Join the San Diego Memorial Society?
- Joining the San Diego Memorial Society is easy! Click here for the online form.
- A modest, one-time, nonrefundable membership is all you need.
- Call today to get signed up. Offering low cost cremation & burial plans. It only takes a few minutes. 858-391-1267
- Membership is open to all. If you’re looking for low cost cremation services or low cost funeral services in San Diego CALL US TODAY
- The San Diego Memorial Society is a member of the FCA (Funeral Consumers Alliance) There are sister organizations all over the US. So if you’re traveling you might be able to have coverage.
Don’t Wait! Plan Ahead… It’s a Considerate Choice for Your Loved Ones.
More than a million consumers in San Diego County have not planned for their end of life; many because they don’t want to think about it and others because they haven’t got around to it. The fact remains that without plans, family members are left with decisions about funerals that are made during times of sorrow and bereavement. These decisions are often poorly considered and costs are ignored just to get things done. The SDMS seeks to help consumers prevent this catastrophe.
A Guide to Recognizing and Preventing Life Insurance Scams
article by SelectQuote Original Article Here Having a secure life insurance policy is one of the many ways you can ensure your loved ones are financially taken care of in the event of your passing.Read More →
Green Burials, Body Composting, and More…
The way we honor the dead is changing: • The status quo: Today, the vast majority of Americans are either embalmed and buried or cremated with fire after their death. • The shift: A small,Read More →
Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
This article comes from Levon and Perconti Law Firm What is Nursing Home Abuse? Types of Nursing Home Abuse Signs that Someone May Be Abusing Your Elderly Loved One Why Does Nursing Home Abuse Happen?Read More →
What Happens to Your Body After You Die
Rudee Slavik, previously the Funeral Director at Legacy Funeral Care, and our current President, gives us inside details and options about what happens after death occurs. This was a fascinating and informative talk that manyRead More →
News from FCA National
October 20, 2022 Dear friends, leaders, donors, and supporters, This is it. The biggest victory for funeral consumers since the Funeral Rule was made effective in 1984. And your dollars, your volunteering, and your support,Read More →
Looking to Lower Your Funeral or Cremation Costs? Join a Non-Profit Memorial Society
Some FCA affiliates have formal commitments with reputable licensed Funeral Directors to provide cremation or burial services for a pre-determined maximum cost. That cost is almost always lower than the cost to the general public. When you join, you have to outline your disposition preferences upon death. Do you want direct cremation, direct cremation with memorial service, direct burial, direct burial with graveside service or do you want a complete funeral? Maybe you want to donate your body to science at a medical teaching facility?