YOUR MEMBERSHIP ENTITLES YOU TO:
- Information and educational materials about cremation and burial options.
- Planning documents to authorize your choice of final arrangements.
- Several newsletters each year to keep you up to date on what is going on with your Society.
- Discounted prices at any SDMS participating mortuary.
- To be treated with dignity and respect by both the Society and the participating mortuaries.
- Freedom from sales pressure at any participating mortuary.
- Participation in the democratic process of the organization by attending and voting at our annual meeting as well as standing for election to the SDMS Board of Directors.
YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO:
- Educate yourself about end-of-life options and how to make cremation or burial arrangements.
- Choose the type of end-of-life arrangements you would like and legally authorize them by completing the Final Planning Book.
- Put detailed information in writing by completing the Final Planning Book.
- Discuss your wishes with your family or survivors and make sure they understand what actions to take at the time of your death.
- Inform your survivors if there are any funds set aside for your funeral expenses; Membership in the San Diego Memorial Society is not a prepaid funeral plan!
- Inform the San Diego Memorial Society if you move or change your name or e-mail address.
- Promote and support the work of the San Diego Memorial Society so that it may stay available for future generations.
Related Links for The San Diego Memorial Society